What We Believe
- There is only one God; He is holy, eternal, sovereign, and loving.
- God exists as three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The all-powerful God created all things for His glory
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God and was with the Father in the beginning.
- Jesus is the Christ (the Messiah, “the anointed one”); He became flesh and dwelt among men.
- He was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, provided a perfect sacrifice on the cross and was raised from the dead.
- Our salvation is through Him alone.
- He was sent to die for the sins of the world and fully reveal to us who God is and to reconcile us to God.
- The Holy Spirit is the personal, powerful presence of God throughout history.
- He dwells in all believers.
- He continuously transforms us into increasing holiness as we daily yield our will to His.
- God created man as both male and female in His image.
- The whole duty of man is to glorify God.
- Whereas we have all sinned and broken our relationship with God, we are reconciled to God by His grace through His Son.
- Before time began, God planned to save us from our sins through the death of Jesus Christ.
- The sacrifice of Jesus Christ provides the payment for our sins and allows us to be presented as righteous before the Father.
- Salvation is God’s free gift of grace—it cannot be earned. Those who reject this gift of grace reject eternal life that can be found only in Christ.
- Man’s response to this gift is faith (placing our trust in God) demonstrated by repentance, confession, baptism, and a life of obedience to Him.
- All those who respond to the Lord’s calling, submit to Jesus as Lord, and are added by Him make up the church, the household of God.
- The church is the body of Christ on earth—God’s spiritual family.
- The church is called to worship God, equip believers for works of service, serve others and to bring others to know Jesus.
- The Bible is the inspired written word of God and is eternally true.
- The Bible reveals who God is, who we are, and why we are here.
- The Bible is provided so that we might know Jesus our Savior.
- The Bible is the authority and standard for living our lives according to God’s will for us.